Friday, May 9, 2014

Child's Play

Ok, I stepped out of my comfort zone on this one! When I came across this child's table and chair set, I knew I wanted to do something special.  I considered stripes or stencils.  I knew I wanted a bold pattern.  I decided to try decoupage with fabric.
I was nervous, but the second I held the fabric up against the table I knew it was going to be a hit!
This fabric is so dynamic!  I was thrilled to find it in the scrap bin at Hobby Lobby.  I used the Mod Podge made special for fabrics and followed the directions on the bottle.  Once it was dry, I sprayed a coat of acrylic on it, sealing it.  Now little girls can do all sorts of messy activities on it and the mess will wipe right off!
For the chairs, I chose Duck Egg in ASCP.  They were originally white, so I made sure to distress them enough to let that white show through.
I posted this set on Facebook and sold it within thirty minutes!  It was so exciting!
I am also very happy to know the little girl who is getting the set.  She is darling and this perfectly suits her.

I think I will keep my eye out for more children table sets.  This was fun!  And I have more ideas.... of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment