Monday, May 12, 2014

Market Day in Georgetown!

It was a wonderful turnout!  I was so impressed with the other booths, the music and the constant flow of people. The weather was perfect too.  I really got lucky to be on Main Street on the end.  This gave me the freedom to spill out of my 10x10 perimeter.







I took three larger items: the dresser, the desk, and the coffee table.
The rest were smaller: a wicker table, two french chairs, the child's table set.
The dresser seemed to attract the twenty-somethings.  They seemed to love the gold detailing and geometric shapes.  It also gave them a good idea of what I could do with their furniture.  Several people came by to take pictures of it.  I wasn't sure how to respond to that.  Were they wanting to try to copy my idea? Or did they just want to get a picture so that they could think it over? 
The desk seemed to appeal to an older crowd of thirties and forties.  
They liked the moving keyboard shelf as well as the computer-ready cord slots.  The ASCP French Linen gave the desk a roughed up grey look that will work for practically anyone.

The day was full of laughs, conversations, hard work, but most of all, learning. I will post some of the things I learned next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment