Sunday, March 9, 2014

Are You Ready for a Revolution?

Funny Story!  On a whim, my husband and I decided to go check out a property in a nearby town.  The property was a large garage/warehouse that had half of it converted into a house.  An artist had lived there and used half of it to live in and half of it as a store for the artwork. Jas and I thought it was worth looking in to.  So we set out on a Sunday afternoon for Bartlett.

Well, it was a bust.  The place was much smaller than we had dreamed up in our heads and we knew it would never work.

But the story goes on....

Bartlett is a tiny town with one main street.  The property we were investigating was off the main street.  A strange building caught my eye and I told Jas to turn around.  It looked abandoned and also like it had survived some sort of fire. As we circle the block to go back, I tried to find the back of the building.  Nothing. Then I saw a giant structure with scaffolding.  We parked and got out to investigate.... It was a fake building with only a front!

 We were on some sort of set!  My eyes started scanning around and I noticed props and fake statues, fake signs, trash, across the square was a whole different set.  No one was there so we began to explore.  It was so interesting.  I could tell it was a post apocalyptic theme.



It was so cool and the props were great!  I wanted to back up the car and load up with all of the wonderful chairs, tables, chicken coups, file cabinets, tool boxes that were piled up on either side of the street. So tempting!  But of course I didn't take anything.  

After leaving and doing a little research, I found out is was the set of the TV show Revolution!  It is one of their sets around the Austin area.  Wow, I never thought I'd be on an actual TV set....




No comments:

Post a Comment