Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spring Fever

This was a busy week!  Time off from school proved to be fruitful for Curbside.  I was able to complete four pieces:

  • The night stand is little sis to the Berry Dresser
  • The headboard is a twin that I picked up and worked a long time on
  • The painted knobs go to an unfinished dresser I painted in AS Provence

 I will write more about those pieces later. Today I am spending time on this great little table.

It did not start out this way....


                                      This is how I found her.  Sad and dried out.
 
When I saw her I thought she could be so pretty if the wood could be restored.  This made me think of the great things I'd heard about Miss Mustard Seed's Hemp Oil.  I decided to give it a try.  I simply followed the directions and rubbed a layer on the top, allowed it to sit for about thirty minutes, and then wiped off what remained.  Here is the result I got after two applications.
 

I could not believe it!  I am very impressed with this product and highly recommend it.  After I restored the top, I decided to paint the base with Annie Sloan's Old White and did a wet distress.
I was thrilled with the result.
 
This little beauty is available!  Let me know if you are interested in buying her.  Or if you like this look and would like me to work on a piece you already have, contact me.

Next time, I plan to write about coming up with a logo.  See you then!
 


 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment