Sunday, March 2, 2014

Time Flies

Too much time has gone by since I last posted!  Things got busy.  But I do want to update you on my progress.
  • Got an official Tax ID
  • Bought the rights to www.curbsiderevival.com as a domain (not active yet)
  • Began drafting my ideas for a logo (more about that later)
  • Did tons of research
  • Went to my first estate sale
  • Got an application for a booth at the monthly Georgetown Market
  • Completed the first piece of furniture for a paying customer!!!
As always, I started this piece before I ever snapped a picture.  I get too excited to wait for a photo-op.  Here is the final product for the "Berry Dresser"
I am very happy with how she turned out.  I did not reattach the hardware yet because I want to give the paint and wax a chance to cure.  I think my customer picked out a great color for this piece which will go in her daughter's room.  I used Annie Sloan's Old White with clear wax to get this look. I did a combination of sanding and wet wiping to get the distressed effect. 

 
I have also made some decisions and goals for this blog.
 
1. I plan to update on Sunday nights, that seems to be the quietest time for me to get in front of the computer and think.
 
2.  I will be writing about setting up this new business and occasional life stories
 
3.  I have also planned out some topics to cover:
  • Registering Curbside with Williamson  County
  • An adventure climbing around the set for a TV show
  • Going Thrifting
  • Estate Sales
  • A trip to Round Top!!!
  • Setting up a market booth
  • Working at the market
  • An interview with an Artist friend who has a successful Etsy business
  • Designing a logo
  • Marketing my business using social media
Wow that's a lot!! I hope some of these topics interest you and that you will stop by each week to check on me.  I have a lot to learn!


No comments:

Post a Comment