Saturday, March 22, 2014

Let's talk Logos

Information Overload!  As I spend my evenings and weekends trying to educate myself on Small Business, I am overwhelmed by all the resources and information that are available.  I do think I am beginning to find other furniture restoration business owners to use as a model of good decisions.  One of my favorite business owners is Miss Mustard Seed.  She is amazing!  Not only can I see what pieces she is working on, she also has an excellent blog with wonderful advice for a gal like me.

Ok, now about Logos...
I am noticing that a logo is pretty important for marketing a small business.  A logo is any image and/or words you choose to associate with your business.  It will be the hook that pulls your customers in. It will appear on banners, signs, business cards, webpages, blogs, photographs, icons for Pinterest or Facebook, letterheads, stickers, stamps, brochures, etc....

I am in need of a logo already.  I want my logo to be consistent on my blog, my Pinterest account, Facebook page, Etsy store, and the business cards and brochures I am designing for a market I plan to do.  I also need my logo for the photographs I post; the logo will be a sheer stamp at the bottom of my photos which will allow anyone using my photographs to know my business name.

The first step of my plan was to look at as many logos as possible... that was crazy, so after a while I looked at logos that had symbols I felt were associated with my business.  I found that clean, simple logos were the most appealing to me.  I also liked having something that would have a meaningful symbol along with the name Curbside Revival.  I will want to have both the symbol and name on signs, banners, business cards and brochures, but I might like just having the symbol for icons, stickers, price tags, and stamps.



I love silhouette logos.  This one is my favorite.

The silhouette is clean and simple.  It will look good on paper, on a sign, as a stamp, or online.  The symbol has furniture and design elements. 

It is so PERFECT!!!

And it is so taken by a business out of Dallas. 
Boo hoo!







Ok so I began to look for silhouetted images that I felt represented Curbside.



This logo is another example of amazing!

I really like the paintbrush and feel like it needs to be somewhere in my logo.

It  will help my customers understand that I will be using painting techniques to update and transform their furniture.
I played with the idea of placing a crown on top of the paintbrush.  Could this symbol help to convey a message of revival?  I knew it would give my logo an elegance that I felt was important.


I found a free graphic of a crown on graphicfairy,com . 

I played around with fonts on PicMonkey and found this to be my favorite.

I am using this as an interim logo for now on social media.  But I plan on replacing it with a logo that will also have the paintbrush or furniture elements I need my customers to recognize.







LOVE the chair in this design!

I like the simple use of color and curvy lines.

So now I will compile all of the ideas and images I like and I will send them off to a designer.  I hope to get a few logo choices.  I will pay for a package that gives me the rights to the logo and the ability to mark images, make signs and banners, and everything else I need.


It will be exciting to post my logo on the blog since you have insight to all the considerations I am thinking through!  Can't wait!









2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you will come up with a great logo. You're very creative! I love the pieces you've featured on your blog. I wish you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I love to hear what others think. I am learning as I go so feedback really helps.

    ReplyDelete